As seen on Love & Waffles!
I’d like to thank Casey for having me guest post today and for the opportunity to share with you how I style one of my most favorite colors: purple. From nail polish to swimwear, this is a color that is so fantastic all year but especially in the warmer months when bright colors are the name of the game!
Keep reading to find out how I incorporate this color into my wardrobe in a variety of ways!
1. Nail polish: As the famous Nina Garcia once said, “Nail polish should go to extremes. Always.” While I am not very adventurous in the nail polish department, I absolutely love this shade by Butter London because it is the perfect way to brighten up a cloudy day through peep toe pumps or paired with a yellow polka dot bikini.
2. One-piece swimsuit: Sure, everyone likes a bikini but the beauty of a one-piece is not just that it holds you in but that it also thins you out, covers you up and draws attention to your lines over your, ahem, tan lines. Snag one in a rich plum shade and pair it with a sweet skirt for an instant after-sun look.
3. Sandals: One of my most favorite things about spring and summer is that post-9-to-5 looks can instantly be dressed down by slipping into a pair of sandals. Something in a soft tone accentuates your tan and blends well with other neutrals.
4. Pajamas: Purple is the color of royalty so what better color to wear to bed, Miss Sleeping Beauty?
5. Watch: For my fellow city girls, runners & adventurers, time is of the essence. A bright pop of color for a day on the town, a jog through the Common or an unexpected outing is the perfect addition to any look.
6. Yoga gear: I’m not sure how it happened, but my fitness fashion spirit animal is closer to Claire Underwood than I would like. Fun sports bras for under my dark and neutral tanks and tees is another way to motivate me to hit the studio as much as possible.
7. Sunglasses: If you’re looking for a way to stand out but your professional situation requires conservative dressing, shades are a great way to express yourself and protect your eyes.
8. Underthings: There are fewer things for more than cute panties. Style starts in the morning and at the most basic level and it always feels good to put on something cheerful no matter what level or layer you’re wearing it.
9. Vans: To those people who say, “No one is going to be looking at your shoes…”, I say, “You’re wrong”. Shoes are another fantastic form of self-expression and these kicks are absolutely adorable and should be incorporated into your spring/ summer wardrobe immediately.
Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.